Everyone’s favorite award-winning seafood festival, Mandurah Crab Fest, is set to wow crowds this year as it celebrates 20 Years! The largest free community event in WA on 17-18 March will showcase the best of the Peel region – highlighting the freshest produce, unique food experiences and the hottest entertainment making for a memorable weekend. With a special anniversary-edition fireworks display and headline acts Eskimo Joe and Samantha Jade, it’s time to sort out your plans for the ultimate Mandurah weekend escape.
Attracting over 120,000 locals and visitors to the City of Mandurah, the Channel 7 Mandurah Crab Fest presented by LiveLighter is the iconic community event celebrating our love of the coastal lifestyle and of course our native blue manna crab. To spread the news about this year’s event, the inflatable crustacean mascot – Nipper the Crab – has been visiting locations around Perth in the lead-up to Crab Fest, helping build excitement around this year’s 20th Anniversary celebrations, as well as promoting the sustainable catching of blue manna crabs in Mandurah waters. Did you grab a selfie with Nipper?
With so many things to see, do and eat at this year’s Crab Fest, here is our quick guide to help you plan your perfect weekend:
- Check out all of the free entertainment including the Children’s Area, Cooking Stage, water activities, and the Music Stage.
- Walk through a life sized maze and surround yourself with the Peel Region in the one stop shop of all things local.
- Get up close and personal with critters from land and water in the touch pool. Starring Mandurah’s famous blue manna crab, starfish, and much more
- Free sailing all weekend for kids! The Mandurah Offshore Fishing and Sailing Club will guide your youngsters through the basics of sailing on their “little tackers”. Also you won’t want to miss the opportunity to try out their mini catamarans too.
- Selfie with Claw’d the Crab, or ‘Crab a Chair’ with your friends overlooking the beautiful waters of Mandurah.
What about all the glorious gourmet food you ask? Well bring your big girl pants to Crab Fest because you’re in for a treat. Here’s a sneak peek to get you drooling…
- The Fish Pot – Crab Boil – southern inspired fish pot using only the best local produce – native blue manna crabs, WA king prawns and mussels, local farmer hamlet pork free range chorizo sausage, new potatoes etc.
- Redmanna Waterfront Restaurant will charm seafood fans with their gourmet menu offerings
- Scrumptious paella, and a variety of paratha tacos on offer from Food & Co
- Crab ratatouille and a selection of sweet crepe options from C De Paris
- Thee Shucker will be shucking fresh oysters served with a variety of their house dressings, or branch out and indulge with a crab slider or two.
- For the tapas lovers, Tapasman will be have pinchos, croquettas and bravas on offer, perfect for sharing… or to keep for yourself.
Amongst all the Crab Fest activities and seafood indulgence, be sure to kick back and relax listening to the local and international talent at the Music Stage and remember to stay into the evening and enjoy a spectacular fireworks display from Mandurah’s NEW foreshore on Saturday night at 8.30pm.
Check out the Crab Fest program for the full lineup of events over this epic weekend of seafood festivities! See you all there.